Beef stir-fries are so quick to make and good-for-you too – with the powerhouse of Canadian Beef, veggies and whole grains. Here’s how to keep them super simple and speedy!
Fast Fry + Stir Fry: Get Ready
FAST-FRY STEAKS/STIR-FRY STRIPS
- SEASON steak/strips
- COOK beef in hot lightly oiled non-stick skillet using medium heat for 2 to 4 minutes per side for steak, 1 minute per side for strips, or until browned.
- REMOVE from pan. For steak, serve with steak sauce if desired. For stir-fry strips, add sliced vegetables to skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Add stir-fry sauce and cooked beef strips; heat through.
BEEF GRILLING KABOBS/SATAY
- SEASON skewered beef kabobs or satay strips.
- GRILL or BROIL using medium-high heat for 5 minutes per side until browned but slightly pink inside
- SERVE with dipping sauce, such as Thai peanut, if desired
BEEF MARINATING CUBES/STRIPS
- COMBINE ½ cup marinade (such as teriyaki sauce) PLUS 2 tbsp corn-starch in a sealable freezer bag.
- ADD 1 lb (500g) beef cubes/strips and refrigerate 15 to 30 minutes.
- For cubes, discard marinade, pat meat dry and thread onto skewers. Grill or broil 4 to 5 minutes per side or until browned, but pink inside. For strips, reserve marinade; cook strips over medium-high heat in hot lightly oiled non-stick skillet for about 2 minutes, turning once, until browned but pink inside. Remove from skillet; add stir-fry vegetables and cook for 5 minutes. Add reserved marinade and beef; heat until sauce bubbles and thickens.
- SPREAD thin layer of your favourite filling/seasonings (such as seasoned bread crumbs and pan-fried mushrooms) over each piece of beef.
- ROLL each piece from short end; secure with butcher’s twine, picks or skewers.
- BROIL, turning several times, for 7 to 8 minutes until browned all over and digital rapid-read thermometer inserted into centre of each rouladen reads at least 160°F (71°C). Serve whole or cut each piece into ¼ -inch thick slices.